The initial setup of QGIS is typically completed by AssetFinda. From time to time with computer roll out and various other factors the install may be completed updated or a new install completed internally. To complete an install of the QGIS toolbar/interface you will need to know the database name and details for your server. This is to be completed locally on the end-users computer.
Unzip the downloaded file;
- Locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip. (Navigate to downloads folder)
- To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
*If an upgrade, copy all folders except the settings file*
Select the files, and copy or cut
- Select CTRL + C to Copy the file or;
- Select CTRL + X to Cut the file.
Paste files in this location (or similar)
- Select CTRL + V to Paste the files
If upgrading "replace the files in the destination"
*Upgrades, no further action is required*
Contact email@example.com if you require assistance
Double click settings file
Change the parameters to match your environment credentials.
Note, where a '\' is used ensure this is doubled e.g. \\
Host=[name of server]
Database=[name of database]
Once details have been populated, save settings
Open QGIS, Navigate to pluggin>manage and install pluggins
Login to AssetFinda interface to test connection is correct
Troubleshooting: Connect to database via an ODBC connection
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if further assistance is required.